What's the point of this blog!

I'm documenting the marketing for my YA book series "The chick friends rules". I want to see which marketing strategies will work best in creating buzz and hopefully income. So, sign up below and take the journey with me.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Working through the doubt

Okay, I have to admit, marketing my books sounded easier two and a half weeks ago when I started this blog. And despite some real strides last week, (my first review, making contact with Girls Life magazine ad exec) I'm still wondering if I can do this for an entire year. This is going to be a lot of work and I just have to realize its better than the alternative; being a substitute teacher, ughhh. They say there's no such thing as an overnight success, that its actually years of blood, sweat and tears that goes behind that book, that movie, that artist that has suddenly come out of no where and landed a magnanimous opportunity. I have to keep that in mind. Stay focused, stay motivated. Some days I feel like Tom Hank on that deserted island movie talking to the soccer ball. But, then I begin to read my book and realize I have a real knack for this writing thing. God or the Universe wouldn't give me such a gift for me to keep it hidden in my night stand drawer underneath the cable bill right? Okay, I need to just STOP, This is crazy, I'll get back to you guys when I'm outta my pj's and have done something productive. I'll be right back...

No comments:

Post a Comment