What's the point of this blog!

I'm documenting the marketing for my YA book series "The chick friends rules". I want to see which marketing strategies will work best in creating buzz and hopefully income. So, sign up below and take the journey with me.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Post office woes

Today I made a trip to the post office to send off three autographed copies of my books to giveaway winners from various blogs. I sat there with the books in my hand trying to figure something clever to say that would make them feel appreciated and to inspire them to continue on with reading the entire series. So, this is what I wrote, Dear recipients name, I hope you enjoy reading the book and continue on to be a fan of the entire series. I value all of my readers. Best wishes, Vici Howard I think that was okay. Note: When sending off books at the PO ask for the book rate. Originally, the books were going to cost me a little over $6 because they were too heavy and would have to be sent priority mail, after I kindly protested, the nice PO lady suggested sending them using a book rate. I didn't know there was a book rate, but now I do. It's cheaper but it takes longer. The same book costs $2.24 and will take 7-10 business days as opposed to the typical 3 days. I can live with that. Gotta cut costs anywhere I can. Oh, I checked the ad rates for Girl's Life magazine and the cost is as follows Spread $48,300 Full page $24,150 1/2 page $15,100 1/3 page $11,270 It seems like a lot but I think it would be a worthwhile investment, I don't have the minimum right now but its something I would strongly consider. For me to reach the my target readers; girls, ages 13-17 and get the sales I want, I have to advertise. This is a business and I have to treat it as such. If I opened a restaurant or any other business I would have to put aside $ for advertising, this is the same thing. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of cash on hand but, I'm tempted to take advances on a few credit cards to make this happen. So, I'm setting another goal; save enough money to buy an ad in GL magazine by my one year blog anniversary 9/2012. Gotta think big!!! .

No comments:

Post a Comment